VISX Conshohocken PA
STAR S4 Excimer Laser System
The VISX STAR platform’s heritage of dependability and performance is well known. The STAR S4 from VISX has taken that reputation to an even higher level. Our latest excimer laser system represents the most advanced laser technology platform available today. Integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 utilizes these exclusive VISX technologies to deliver precision custom ablations:
- Variable Spot Scanning (VSS): Variable beam sizes from as small as 0.65 mm up to 6.5 mm scanned over the treatment area, conserving tissue and optimizing treatment times
- Variable Repetition Rate (VRR): VRR delivers treatment at varying repetition rates, optimizing treatment time
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking: Captures all 3 dimensions of intra-operative eye movementsno dilation required
- ActiveTrak Automatic Centering: Locates, and then automatically sets the treatment center to the center of the pupil.
WaveScan Wavefront System
WaveScan technology was originally developed for use in high-powered telescopes to reduce distortions when viewing distant objects in space. This technology has now been applied to laser vision correction, measuring imperfections in the eye never before measured using standard methods for glasses and contact lenses. WaveScan-based digital technology identifies and measures imperfections in your eyes 25 times more precisely than standard methods. The powerful WaveScan software translates the information into a set of CustomVue treatment instructions for the laser. These digital treatment instructions are then transferred to the laser, driving a new level of precision and accuracy.
The VISX Fourier Wavefront Upgrade, has the ability to capture and treat wavefront information on larger pupil patients and utilize this data for optical zone treatments out to 7mm. Transition zones continue to be adjustable out to 9.5mm. WaveScan utilizes the patient’s corneal K-values and wavefront measurement to create the optimal corneal shape for each individual, whether it be prolate, oblate, or spherical.
The WaveScan Wavefront System provides:
- Fourier-based wavefront algorithms:
- Fourier delivers the highest resolution available of the wavefront error
- Uses more data points to derive the optimal shape
- Uses all data from any shape of pupil
- Accurately reconstructs all peripheral data
- Captures and treats higher and lower order aberrations up to 7 mm diameter pupil
Acuity Maps: Chart the optical aberrations of the eye.
Difference Maps: Track the changes of the eye for pre-op and post-op comparisons.
Point Spread Function (PSF): Demonstrates how a patient would see a point source of light